Magazine questionnaire

I did a questionnaire focussing on what it is my target audience would expect to find inside a film magazine, and the ways in which layout, design and content would persuade them to buy it. In order to gain more knowledge on what the audience wanted to see in my magazine, I decided to make a questionnaire.
I have come up with a few questionnaires which I thought would give me a wide range of answers and what would give me in clearer insight into what the audience would want to see.
















































Analysis of my results from my questionnaire 

The first question on my questionnaire was 'would the front cover stand out with a big image on it?'. Almost every one said 'Yes' They said yes because a big visual image is interesting to look at. Nobody really focusses on writing on the front cover. They want to be drawn it with a big image and then if they are interested they will buy the magazine and read the content.  

Within my questionnaire I found out that the audience though the cover lines should reference facts about the film, and well known actors. They said this because it would help emphasise which magazine they would be purchasing. 
As expected, the majority of people Said the most appropriate place for the masthead would be at the top of the magazine front cover. This is because they will be most able to visually see the title when they are put on shelves. A lot of people also said that the from should be big and bold, as it would stand out compared to others and draw their attention in.
Most of the results from my questionnaire regarding my magazine confirmed what I had found from close textual analysis of existing mainstream magazines. 
This questionnaire has really helped me and I will take in all given feedback from my target audience, and I will also use the information I found when looking at real front covers. 




Comments

Popular Posts