Films similar to my idea

Split
- Split is a psychological horror, which therefore made me want to look more into it. The villain in split has dissociative identity disorder. This is when you have multiple personality's. In split the main character 'Kevin' has 23 recorded personalities to his body. 

The main plot of the film 

"Though Kevin has evidenced 23 personalities to his trusted psychiatrist, Dr. Fletcher, there remains one who is set to materialise and dominate all the others. Compelled to abduct three teenage girls led by the wilful, observant Casey. Kevin reachers a war for survival among all of those contained within him - as well as everyone around him - as the walls between his compartments shatter apart"

The main character is very extreme, and he is in conflict with himself. Within the film he kidnaps  3 girls as a result of a conflict with his personalities. I liked his idea and therefore I think I want to apply the same concept to my villain. I thin kI am going to use aspects and traits of 'Kevin's' behaviours and fine tune my final representation of my villain. 


SPLIT POSTER 





















I like how the poster instantly gives away that the film is going to be a 'thriller'. There is a crack on the screen which shows there is going to be some sort of disruption. Also the way the dominant central image is staring at you, makes you feel uncomfortable, and that he is unstable. Half of his face is being shown, and I think that makes you think that he is hiding something. 


SPLIT TRAILER  




Clouzot

This film also used different personalities within there story line. This film uses lighting a lot to create an illusion of the actors faces transitioning between emotions, and personalities. The use of coloured lighting was used to amplify emotions and show personalties. This has got me thinking about  how I could also use lighting to enhance what I am trying to get across. 

Conclusion 

Both Clouzot inferno and Split share great similarities to the main traits to what I think I want to portray. Split is a film about a man with multiple personality disorder who has captured people as he battles his other personalities, which I like the idea of and I also like the idea of how Clouzot inferno uses colour and lighting to portray different emotions. They both share one similarity, which is they both are aiming to engage the viewer’s emotions through visual effects on screen, and make the viewers feel uncomfortable and scare, which I want to include 

Comments

Popular Posts